royalty free images

Friday, September 5, 2014

Taipei Day 2 - Jiufen Old Street (九份老街)

The second day in Taipei, we decided to visit Jiufen Old Street (九份老街).

Entrance to Jiufen Old street.
Jiufen Old Street (九份老街)

Map of the area.
Jiufen Old Street (九份老街)

Locally hand made flutes of various designs.
Flute

Excellent ice coffee!
Coffee

Golden preserved eggs.
Golden Preserved Egg

Some kind of red colored Kueh that is cooked in oil. It is filled with minced pork (Char Siew).
Kueh

My wife tried this but I didn't. A bit too oily for me.
Kueh

There are various stalls selling fish and meat balls. However we settled for this stall.
Fishball

Big and small mixture of Fish balls and Meat balls

Another of my favorite desert in Taipei. It is ice cream wrapped in popiah skin sprinkled with crushed peanuts.
花生倦 + 冰淇淋

Another of my favorite desert. Yam balls. This is the famous stall everyone is talking about.
阿婆芋圆

Not that fantastic. I still prefer the one at Shilin.
阿婆芋圆

Fantastic sea view from the end of Jiufen Old Street.
Scenic view from 九份

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin